The 96-year-old sovereign is under medical supervision at Balmoral Castle after her health team said they were concerned about her health.
The doctors are concerned about the health of Queen Elizabeth II and have recommended that the sovereign remain under strict medical supervision. She lets Buckingham Palace know. “The queen remains in Balmoral,” the Palace said in a statement, responding to rumors that the monarch has suffered a fall. The whole country is deeply concerned by the news.
The queen was forced to cancel a planned virtual meeting with senior ministers on Wednesday after her doctors advised her to rest. The day before she had been photographed as she appointed Liz Truss as the country’s new prime minister at her Scottish home, Balmoral Castle. The photos taken on that occasion had aroused attention because the queen’s hands had appeared livid.
Prince Charles arrived at the Scottish residence of Balmoral with his wife Camilla to be close to his 96-year-old mother. Prince William, Charles’s eldest son, also left London to reach Scotland.
The royal family’s website went haywire after news of a worsening of health for Queen Elizabeth was released. An error message appeared on the monitors saying: “Gateway time-out”.
The BBC interrupted its daytime program on BBC 1 to broadcast a live news report on Queen Elizabeth’s health condition. The BBC’s flagship channel interrupted an episode of ‘Bargain Hunt’ to cover news about the Queen after Buckingham Palace announced that doctors were “concerned about her Majesty’s health.”