She turns on the TV after taking a shower: she dies electrocuted at the age of 13
World

She turns on the TV after taking a shower: she dies electrocuted at the age of 13

The little girl, Iorrany Ravick Soares Rodrigues, suffered shock as she tried to adjust her television at her home in Timon, Brazil.

A 13-year-old Brazilian girl died by electrocution after turning on the TV immediately after getting out of the shower. The Sun explains that Iorrany Ravick Soares Rodrigues was regulating her controls in her home in Timon, in the state of Maranhão, when a very violent electrical discharge struck her. Rescued by her family, she was taken to the Alarico Pacheco hospital but there was nothing for her to do.

It is unclear whether she died from touching the TV itself or the connected antenna. Her body was taken from the hospital by the Legal Medicine Institute before being released to her devastated family. Iorrany’s funeral was held yesterday, October 11th.

The shocking news of the teenager’s death comes after another death in Argentina earlier this year, when a 17-year-old girl died after being electrocuted while touching her phone while charging. Angel Andrada, this is the name of the victim, whose body was found lifeless by his parents: he reported severe burns. It seems that the young man went to her room to charge his smartphone, the drama took place a few moments later.

A tragedy that follows the very similar one that occurred in July in Cambodia, where Khorn Srey Pov, a 17-year-old girl, was found dead after being electrocuted by her mobile phone charger. According to what the local media had written at the time, the teenager as well as the 13-year-old Argentinian had just come out of the shower.